IT Security and IT Security Management ISO 27001
What is IT security or information security?
The term IT security covers all technical measures to protect information stored in electronic form from cyber attacks. These threats include, for example, hacker attacks on servers, computers and networks, unauthorized access or unauthorized decryption of data, sabotage, espionage.
Information security serves to ensure the availability, integrity and confidentiality of information and is to be understood more broadly as IT security. Information can exist in different forms, such as the file archive in the basement, or it can be passed on verbally and is not limited to digital data. Information security therefore also includes non-technical or non-digital data and systems, which should be protected by appropriate technical and organizational measures.
Technical measures include, for example, virus scanners, proxies, firewalls, encryption procedures, software updates, backup procedures, redundancy mechanisms, the physical security of data and IT components, access controls, rights management and authentication methods. The organizational measures include employee training, awareness campaigns, documentation guidelines or rules for handling passwords.
Why IT security is important
IT security is neglected in many companies. Security breaches can cause billions of dollars in damage. Some of the most common hacker attacks are phishing, whaling, social engineering, DDoS attacks, malware and ransomware. All attacks have a massive damage to the company. Therefore, the data must be protected by means of IT security concepts. The implementation of an IT security management system (ISMS) according to ISO 27001 offers the following advantages:
- Increase the security of IT systems and processes.
- Preventing system breaches before they occur
- Preventing business failures, potential damages, and subsequent costs, e.g., through data recovery or penalties
- Minimization and better control of IT risks through systematic risk management
- Systematic detection of vulnerabilities
- Improvement of patch management
- Competitive advantages through proof of ISO 27001 certification
- Increased trust with interested parties, customers and the public
What you can do
- Introduction of an IT security management system (ISMS)
- Certification according to ISO 27001
- Sensitization of employees through training
- Documentation of processes
- Continuous improvements
How we can support you
- Development of IT security concepts
- Documentation of processes
- Detection of security gaps and development of recommendations for action
- Education and training on IT security
- Preparation and maintenance of systems in accordance with ISO 27001
- Certification of the management system by partners such as TÜV Rheinland and TÜV Süd
Link senden an: