Why Life Cycle Assessments (LCA)?
Life Cycle Assessments (LCAs) are based on ISO 14040 and ISO 14044, which describe the environmental impact of products, processes or companies over a defined life cycle. This method allows the environmental impacts to be calculated and presented using established methods. This results in the following advantages for companies:
- Basis for political decision-making processes
- Company internal product comparison
- Marketing and proof for customers
- Support for environmentally sound product development
- Decision support for product optimization
- Possibility for process optimization